Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
I know that ML is only in DP, but has anyone tried to do a speed comparison with Lion? I know the speed would definitely change drastically as we get closer to ML debut but features aside, I am curious to see the difference in performance.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
I know that ML is only in DP, but has anyone tried to do a speed comparison with Lion? I know the speed would definitely change drastically as we get closer to ML debut but features aside, I am curious to see the difference in performance.

Cant give you numbers but if you look around you can see lots of people saying thats its a lot faster, even on older machines.
I have a new machine and it runs way faster than lion.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Cant give you numbers but if you look around you can see lots of people saying thats its a lot faster, even on older machines.
I have a new machine and it runs way faster than lion.

This is great news. I guess this might be a solid upgrade then.

LiesForTheLiars

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
It's been quite speedy for me as well. I'm sure when it's released there'll be official benchmarks to either verify that it's actually faster or it's just all in our heads. That and it's in its baby stage right now and will only get better. It does have quite a few bugs though (obviously since it's a beta).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.