Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
I'm puzzled as to how to increase speed on Raging Thunder. The directions don't make it clear whether tilting the phone forward increases the speed of the car. It doesn't seem to do this. I realize that the green bar at the left of the screen indicates power thrusts, but what does the red bar at the right of the screen do?:confused:

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
The red bar at the right is for smacking into another car. It will only be full when there is a car in front of you. To increase your speed slide your finger upward from the bottom of the screen. It's a bit of an awkward way to do it, as your finger partially obscures your view of the screen. But anyway, that's how it works.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
The red bar at the right is for smacking into another car. It will only be full when there is a car in front of you. To increase your speed slide your finger upward from the bottom of the screen. It's a bit of an awkward way to do it, as your finger partially obscures your view of the screen. But anyway, that's how it works.

Thanks very much. Sliding your finger up the screen while trying to negotiate a curve certainly is awkward! Nevertheless, I'll try it; perhaps i won't always finish 4th any longer.:D

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
Thanks very much. Sliding your finger up the screen while trying to negotiate a curve certainly is awkward! Nevertheless, I'll try it; perhaps i won't always finish 4th any longer.:D
He he, good luck with that. Being able to speed up certainly makes me more competitive, but I still come in 4th at the end...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.