Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myatix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s anyway to speed up the delivery of the new MacBook Pro M3 Max? I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to speed up the delivery of a new MacBook Pro I ordered or tell me the likelihood of the delivery times reducing?

I am travelling to the states on the 12th Nov. And leaving again on the 24th Nov. and I would really like to buy a top of the range MacBook Pro M3 Max with a custom 2TB HD.

Is there anyway I can get my hands on one or accelerate my order that’s due for delivery on the 27th Nov. :( (After I leave?)

Mr.Fox

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2020
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there’s anyway to speed up the delivery of the new MacBook Pro M3 Max? I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to speed up the delivery of a new MacBook Pro I ordered or tell me the likelihood of the delivery times reducing?

I am travelling to the states on the 12th Nov. And leaving again on the 24th Nov. and I would really like to buy a top of the range MacBook Pro M3 Max with a custom 2TB HD.

Is there anyway I can get my hands on one or accelerate my order that’s due for delivery on the 27th Nov. :( (After I leave?)
No way. It all depends on the company's logistics and th eir workload. Buy locally and bring your own.

myatix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
No way. It all depends on the company's logistics and th eir workload. Buy locally and bring your own.
Buying locally adds $1,500 to the price of the exact same machine!!! That’s not happening!

Macintosh IIcx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2014
Denmark
Hi All,

In you case, I would accept the fact that the only safe option is what you can go into a store and get - which would probably be the most expensive base M3 Max that you can also order in apple.com So, 48 GB ram and 1 TB HD. Best of luck!

Reactions: myatix

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2022
Look at Apple Store or check if You have a micro center in your destination city. Micro center usually has more configurations than Apple.

chelidon

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
Hi All,

As others have said, the only certain method is to buy one in-stock from a retail store (Apple Store, Best Buy, etc), but many configurations are showing delivery dates within your window, and my experience is that Apple delivers on-time, or sometimes sooner. FYI, having one on order from Apple myself, going above 1TB on the SSD was the factor that pushed estimated delivery into early/mid December.

Reactions: myatix

myatix

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for the advice! Yes adding the HD is definitely the delaying factor, but when you spend $4500 on a Mac then you kind of want it to be an ideal configuration!😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.