Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jhopkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2021
I have just downloaded Edison Mail to my MacBook Air running High Sierra. I get the typical wavy red line under spelling mistakes when typing an email but can find no way of viewing the alternative spellings. I have tried using a mouse to see if I could right click but that doesn't work.....nor does tapping the touchpad with two fingers. Any ideas? thanks.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I have just downloaded Edison Mail to my MacBook Air running High Sierra. I get the typical wavy red line under spelling mistakes when typing an email but can find no way of viewing the alternative spellings. I have tried using a mouse to see if I could right click but that doesn't work.....nor does tapping the touchpad with two fingers. Any ideas? thanks.

I'm pretty sure spell-check is app-specific. Have you tried reaching out to Edison Mail support? Have you tried left-clicking (or single-tapping) on the red-underlined word? I know in Microsoft Word, for example, left-clicking/single-tapping brings up spelling suggestions.

jhopkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2021
I'm pretty sure spell-check is app-specific. Have you tried reaching out to Edison Mail support? Have you tried left-clicking (or single-tapping) on the red-underlined word? I know in Microsoft Word, for example, left-clicking/single-tapping brings up spelling suggestions.
Thanks for your response. I couldn't contact Edison...their website said I had to send ' a ticket' but I have no idea what that means. Emails were returned because I wasn't suggesting a modification to their product! Left clicking does nothing...and right-clicking ( which works in Windows) does nothing either. I was successful in getting rid of that awful threading ( conversations) stuff and assumed that spellcheck would be as easy...but no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.