Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamC741

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Today Spider-Man Remaster is getting released on PC, will it be much better than PS5 or just a minor update in Visuals?
Should we get it or the game does not worth it ??

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Going by this review. The remastered PC version can be better. That's mostly if you can run it at max settings in 4K. They run down a list. It'll mostly be finer detail and more realistic reflections and shadows.

I'd expect for the most part. You wouldn't notice much if any difference. Besides FPS at high resolutions. In which case gameplay would look smoother. If you have the hardware that can deliver the highest settings.

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I was planning to purchase it day one, but I changed my mind. I'm going to wait for the price drop... I'm guessing it will drop when Miles Morales is released later this year, or during the holiday steam sales. I still want to finish the games I've been playing currently anyway... before starting a new game. From the PC feature vid recently released... here are the features listed:
  • Improved Shadows
  • Ultrawide Display Support
  • Ray-Traced Reflection ***Compatible PC Required
  • Unlocked Framerate
  • Nvidia DLSS: AI Performance Boost
  • Nvidia DLAA: AI Enhanced Image Quality
  • DualSense Controller Support ***Controller must be plugged in for full DualSense controller features
Not sure if the PS5 has FOV adjustments... but I seen a pre-release vid review featuring FOV... which was made a difference in visuals. I have an Ultrawide monitor... I am happy that cutscenes I've seen are still ultrawide from early reviews vids I've seen. I did buy a DualSense controller for this game since it's supported... so I'll be playing with a controller on this game. My kid recently bought a PS5, but he played in on his PS4... he isn't buying it for his PS5, but said it's worth playing on a PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.