Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
05A02002-1C25-4851-946C-86B1F0F4588C.jpeg
35CB4EC5-7D47-41F0-8F4F-B6E1F6A3B935.jpeg
I bought the Spigen Ultra Hybrid from Amazon. The silent switch hole isn’t cut out. It is partially covered, with a tiny square hole and a little nub sticking out. Also, the box doesn’t saying iPhone 15 on it. Just iPhone 2023 6.1”. Definitely baffling about that silent switch cutout. Anyone else got one of these yet? Please pardon the low quality 6s photos!

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Looks like a manufacture defect. Possible to pop out?
It kinda looked that way at first, and I tried. Didn't want to go too crazy, but couldn't even get it to move with a little flathead screwdriver. Looks like part of the mold. I could razorblade it out I guess, but I'd rather just get a case that's made right! I really love Ultra Hybrid cases, and it's ultimately the one I want. I'll probably just order one again once the phone has been out for a while and they get things straightened out. For now I have the Spigen Mag Armor and the Apple Silicone case coming.

Reactions: Pug72

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Get it replaced. 👍🏻
Considering trying another one. If the 2nd one is still weird, I'll return it and get another in a few months.
Edit: ordered another and I'll return this one. I'll post back on whether the 2nd one is the same issue or if it's all good.

Apple Silicon Cypress should be arriving today, Mag Armor tomorrow. Looking forward to checking them out too. Friday (iPhone pickup day) is taking way too long to come!

Reactions: Pug72

Rivalyn

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2021
IMG_0895.jpeg
Just for comparison here’s the same case for the Pro Max so definitely looks like a defect on yours.

Reactions: skiltrip

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
The OP has a Standard 15 case which should have a hole for the silent switch. The Pro model cases have a P after the size those have the action button. So either return or cut that plastic out of the hole like it should be. Also cases that are made before the official announcement will just have the year because they aren't sure if Apple will throw them a curveball and name the phones something else. Future cases will have 15 on there.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 6, 2010
New York
Got the replacement Ultra Hybrid and the cutout hole is fine, just as it should be. I just got an unlucky manufacturing defect on my first one! Cool though that today I got both the Mag Armor and Ultra Hybrid. Will probably keep both for when I wanna go black, or when I wanna show off the green. May return the Cypress Silicone case I got. $50 is a lot for that thing when I know I prefer the Spigen stuff. I do like that Cypress color though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.