Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) running Mojave 10.14.6

Every time I try to paste something I've copied from somewhere on the Web into a (Yahoo) email, I get the dreaded spinning ball and I have to do a hard reset. I tried pasting the same thing into Pages and Word and no problem.

Seems an issue with Yahoo Mail??

Any ideas please?

jamietshaw

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
UK
When you say Yahoo Mail, do you mean the website where you can see your Yahoo email or do you mean some email app (like Apple’s Mail) that connects to your Yahoo email?

Whatever you are using, it sounds like it’s have difficulty interpreting all the formatting of the text you have copied in addition to the text itself. Can you paste as plain text only? If you were using Mail you could go to Edit > Paste and Match Style. Or you could try pasting into somewhere else first like TextEdit (first make sure your blank document is in plain text mode in the Format menu) and then copy and paste from there to your email.

This is only a workaround, of course!

cheddar-caveman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for that jamieshaw - the "Paste and match style" worked OK!! Before I was just right clicking and selecting "paste". I will remember (I hope).

jamietshaw

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009
UK
Glad it worked. Many other applications (including Pages) have the same option too for when you need just the text and not all the formatting. Do complain to Apple as well though on their feedback site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.