Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Doubt it. Even with 6.1” screen doing split-screen multitasking is not very useful. The screen is just too small.

Reactions: ericwn

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
It’s possible it could come to IOS 14 but not sure apple will add it. I think their mindset is they think it’s too small to do such a thing. I think on most devices it is but on a future iphone that will be 6.1 and 6.7 it is more than workable.

I use spiltscreen a lot on my iPad Pro 12.9 but then it’s fine when it’s this size.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I haven’t read any reports that this was coming but never say never of course.

Other than watching a micro machines size movie in a mini window I don’t see the use though. I need an iPad for split screen to start to make some sense.

Reactions: Shirasaki

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I think PiP is more something they would look into, allowing all Media apps like YouTube, Netflix, TV+ etc... to do PiP in throughout the OS.

But I am not expecting big features in iOS 14, I think they are going to use it to correct all the gremlins and exploits in iOS 13.

Maybe iOS 15 will bring some more fully fledged multitasking.

Either way, I barely used Splitscreen on my Androids, I actually do not miss it, it’s more a nice to have feature than useful, IMO, I used it a lot on my Note8 for a little while in the beginning then slowly stopped as I got over the novelty.

Reactions: Shirasaki
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.