Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badrottie

Suspended
Original poster
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Just found out that there is no split view feature for iPad Air 1????? I'm disappointed! I really like Split View Apple forced me to ditch iPad Air when iOS 9 comes out this coming Fall. I am not sure if I want to upgrade to Air 3 then iOS 10 or 11 have some new hot features I might like Apple wants me to ditch it over again. Really disappointed...Air 1 is not that OLD just yet!

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Yep, iPad Air 2 only as stated in the keynote and on Apple's website. It requires more RAM (most likely) which the Air 2 has.

grifftaur

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2015
It has to do with the RAM. So Air 2 you will be safe for quite awhile. I have a mini 3 annd may get an Air 2 in the fall when the 3 comes out.

grifftaur

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2015
Don't you feel Air 2 too old and less powerful when Air 3 comes out?

I think it will be sfe because of the ram. 2GB makes it much more powerful. Plus it has an 8X chip. Next iPhone will be A9 so it will only be a half a step down in power. I have a mini 3 so i'm in a lot of danger of being less powerful. Its running an A7 chip. Which is why I may upgrade in the fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.