Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
i know this must have been addressed somewhere, but the search on the forum yielded one relevant but incomplete answer.

i have a non-protected AAC file. it's paul oakenfold's tranceport - except that it's the entire album as one track. i want to split this into songs that are in the album.

how to go about this..?

i have QT Pro, so i've tried highlighting the section i want isolated and cut/paste into a new QT player. now the problem is saving. if i try to do "save," it saves as a movie. if i try to export, i can only export sound as aiff, wav, system7 sound, and one weird one. i don't see an option to save as aac...

any help would be appreciated.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: splitting AAC

Originally posted by jxyama
i know this must have been addressed somewhere, but the search on the forum yielded one relevant but incomplete answer.

i have a non-protected AAC file. it's paul oakenfold's tranceport - except that it's the entire album as one track. i want to split this into songs that are in the album.

how to go about this..?

i have QT Pro, so i've tried highlighting the section i want isolated and cut/paste into a new QT player. now the problem is saving. if i try to do "save," it saves as a movie. if i try to export, i can only export sound as aiff, wav, system7 sound, and one weird one. i don't see an option to save as aac...

any help would be appreciated.
Have you upgraded to QT 6.5?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
Re: Re: splitting AAC

Originally posted by MisterMe
Have you upgraded to QT 6.5?

yeah, i got QT 6.5... still, no explicit option to export as "AAC."

i guess i could export as AIFF and re-encode...

i'll look into using iMovie and/or "jam."

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Re: Re: Re: splitting AAC

Originally posted by jxyama
yeah, i got QT 6.5... still, no explicit option to export as "AAC."

i guess i could export as AIFF and re-encode...

i'll look into using iMovie and/or "jam."
It's called MPEG-4.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: splitting AAC

Originally posted by MisterMe
It's called MPEG-4.

hmm, i kinda figured that... that AAC fell under the real encoding name and that it was something MPEG...

i guess this means i will save the trimmed AAC as MPEG-4 movie, but with the soundtrack only...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.