Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2015Girl

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 29, 2016
USA
do y’all sponge off your phone with water? If no,then what do y’all do?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
do y’all sponge off your phone with water? If no,then what do y’all do?

Number one, what type of iPhone are you talking about "Sponging" with water? If it's not water resistant rated, then I would not do that.

Otherwise, try a slightly damp microfiber cloth in order to clean your iPhone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TinyChip and 2ndtry

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Hey iPhone, you got a couple bucks I can borrow.. and a smoke?

Awesome. :D

What is on your phone that you feel needs to be cleaned with any sort of liquid? I wipe mine on my shirt once or twice a day and it’s pristine (the parts that are exposed, anyway).

NoDoz

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2017
I use lens cleaning anti static pads. The kind you use to clean safety glasses with. Then wipe it down with a micro-fiber cloth and call it good.

Reactions: old-wiz

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Breath + my t-shirt. That’s what I do most of the time. Because my phone sits in a leather case I don’t take a disinfectant wipe to it anymore like I used to back in the day when I was caseless. Breath to create humidity on the glass and my t-shirt handles pretty much all the cleaning I do on the phone’s screen. The case rarely needs cleaning as it is genuine leather. I’ve done this for my 6+, 6s+, and continue it for my 8+.

Reactions: Precursor

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Microfiber cloth and a mix of 50/50 alcohol and water (same stuff sold in those spray bottles)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.