Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seyoon_c09

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2017
Chesterfield, MO
Hey everyone,

I've been an iPhone 11 Pro Max owner since April and am wondering if this is a widespread issue or perhaps it's a defect in hardware. I've noticed as of late that my phone will bounce to cell data while in a perfectly functional Wi-Fi network at home. I'm running iOS 13.5.1, and given the fact that I only had it for little over a month I can't assume it is the software. The device was set up as new and the issue appears to be happening as of late. I check my MacBook when the random wifi to data switching occurs and all other devices remains connected, other then my phone which does this more frequently as of late. It's extremely frustrating as while on the FaceTime call I'm having to quickly turn on airplane mode and off to fix this issue. I get 1 to 2 bars on AT&T network, and this switching behavior will result in disruption to the call. I would prefer not restoring as much as possible, but should this issue continues it's something I don't mind trying. Wanting to see if this is specific to my Pro Max or it is an ongoing issue.

Any advice is appreciated. The phone was bought brand new from Apple online store on April third, has Apple Care Plus plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.