Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
IMG_0707.png
When I’m using my 15 pro when it’s being charged(plugged in), I get sporadic charging sound(if ringer is on) and vibrate(if ringer is off) as I’m using it. I get the large charging image sporadically as “if it’s initially being plugged in”.

Anyone else experience this?

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I get something similar and others have mentioned it on their 15 pro and pro max. But mine occurs when it is in standby mode (wireless charging) and I think charges to 80% (which I’ve set it to) then it drops and starts to charge again. A bug in my opinion.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Defective port or cable, Something is loose, so it’s getting disconnected and reconnected while you’re using it.

It’s the cable which is a 3rd party cable from AT&T. The stock Apple one doesn’t do it. The AT&T one is slightly wobbly where’s the stock one is nice and tight.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
It’s the cable which is a 3rd party cable from AT&T. The stock Apple one doesn’t do it. The AT&T one is slightly wobbly where’s the stock one is nice and tight.

Anker, Apple, or bust.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.