Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MB808

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2023
Hello everyone,

I was wondering, If I am wearing my 45mm watch with a sport band mostly between the 3rd and the 4th hole on a M/L band, counting from the watch down to the end of the strap, what would be the best loop size for me?

Thank you for your help!!

(Photo for reference)
ba5fe44d7c31d6ba51c8116642349ace.jpg

Fozzybadfeet

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2009
Wouldn't this come down to personal preference? How does the watch fit with the S/M band compared to the M/L band?

MB808

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2023
Wouldn't this come down to personal preference? How does the watch fit with the S/M band compared to the M/L band?

I am trying to figure out, what size of loop I need in reference to the hole I am using on my band.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I am trying to figure out, what size of loop I need in reference to the hole I am using on my band.
The link @Fozzybadfeet sent contains one of these nifty guides but has the 40mm version. The 44mm version below shows you're about a size 8.

Be warned, though. This guide puts me at a 7 (i'm the 5th hole down on the S/M) but in reality I wear a size 5 for the silicone solo loops, and a size 4 for the braided. It's generally recommended to go down a size for the braided as they stretch a lot more than the solos.

I'd use this based on the absolute tightest configuration you can pull off without tucking the band through the pin strap, only buckling the pin through the hole. If I try hard enough, I can make the second hole down on the S/M work, and that's a comfortable snug fit, and suggests a size 4 solo loop in this guide.

IMG_1769.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.