Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
I initially thought a sport band was sorta "cheap" for the stainless steel apple watch, so I ordered a Milanese loop one, but after buying two sport bands (black and white), I've been blown away by how nice the sport band looks and more importantly, how comfortable it feels. I'm thinking of getting a neon green one as well and if they ever get around to releasing more colors, maybe picking up a dark blue and a bright orange one as well.

I bought the leather loop over the weekend but I haven't felt very satisfied with it at at all. It's definitely going back to the store.

ujjbd16

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2015
like you, I also ordered the Milanese loop strap. After 4 weeks of wearing in general along with gym and cycling sessions I found that it tended to loosen through vibration. So I purchased the black sports band and have to say I love it. So much more practical and it hardly feels like I have the watch on now. The Milanese will saved for best and special occasions. The black sports is my daily wear now.

I also ordered a lime green from eBay delivered from China and am intrigued as to the quality. Not delivered yet.

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I have the leather loop and the white sport band and I prefer the loop. I find the Sport bands feels sweaty after a while. Maybe I haven't given it a fair shot and should try it again. I do like the look of the red sport band on http://mixyourwatch.com. Have a hope Apple will release these colours soon.

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
I have the leather loop and had the black sports band. I have hairy arms and wrist. I love the leather loop and thought the rubber band was a very uncomfortable band for me. It was either too tight or too loose on me. It kept pulling the hairs and it was a sweat magnet. It really hurt my wrist. Yes I tried both sizes, adjustments etc. I wore it for about a week just to give it a fair shake. Some people will like it, but for me it wasn't good.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
Definitely a fan of the black sports band. My original band was the classic buckle I still keep it in a drawer. It is nice, but haven't had the formal occasion to switch out for it so the SB gets all the action.

ChinaRye

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
Washington, DC
I love the sports band. I originally got the black sports band model since it was the cheapest and I could then take my time to decide on a better band, but I ended up loving it, so I ordered a white sports band. Love them both.

Reactions: alexcue

menace3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Seattle, WA
The Black sports band is a winner in my opinion. I tried on the leather loop, but would rather get the green sport band

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I have the leather loop and had the black sports band. I have hairy arms and wrist. I love the leather loop and thought the rubber band was a very uncomfortable band for me. It was either too tight or too loose on me. It kept pulling the hairs and it was a sweat magnet. It really hurt my wrist. Yes I tried both sizes, adjustments etc. I wore it for about a week just to give it a fair shake. Some people will like it, but for me it wasn't good.

I agree with everything you said and had more or less the same experience with the Sport Band apart from the hairy arms bit.

I couldn't get a comfortable fit and it felt sweaty after not too long in wearing it. I really want to like it for the colour options but I'll stick to my leather loops.

Alerio

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2015
Ive been surprised myself! I find I use the white sports band a lot more than I expected. The leather loop did not impress me, even though it is nice. I will be taking it back this week, for me so far the white sports band and link bracelet is the perfect combo.

alexcue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I love the sports band. I originally got the black sports band model since it was the cheapest and I could then take my time to decide on a better band, but I ended up loving it, so I ordered a white sports band. Love them both.

That's what I did! with my SGS the white looks pretty cool. I also have the Blue loop, but since I workout twice a day, it doesn't see much use unless I'm going out or need it for a more formal look.

The Sport bands seem to be holding up quite well too. The black looks as good as new, and the only wear showing is on the inside were it rubs on itself. That's perfectly acceptable to me.

CrackerJackToy

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I too was impressed by the sport band. Im waiting for Apple to release a navy blue sport band. I'd like to pick up that and maybe a SS Link band. Ive also considered a bright orange as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.