Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Best Sports App for the iPhone?

I would say YES, but I have only tried SportsTap....

I like Sportacular because it gives scores, news and highlights. Not to mention practically every sport and up to the minute highlights.

Also, I noticed that they give the latest odds prior to game time -- very helpful if you like to gamble on sports. :D

Thoughts?

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
It's not exactly the most attractive app ever made.

But it works incredibly well. Would you rather look at something pretty that sucks when you need to use it. Or use something easily that isn't super pretty?

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I also switched from Sports Tap to Sportacular. It's a solid app. On Sundays though I switch to the Pro Football app. It has a self-updating play-by-play with a graphic of the length of the field where you can REALLY follow the game.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I also switched from Sports Tap to Sportacular. It's a solid app. On Sundays though I switch to the Pro Football app. It has a self-updating play-by-play with a graphic of the length of the field where you can REALLY follow the game.

I agree, I also tried that NFL Football application (free), not nearly as good -- doesn't look nice.

smfinlay

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2008
Central Florida
I've been using Sportacular for a little while now. I'm glad they came out with the new 1.2 update where you can track your favorite teams all on one screen no matter which sport.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I've been using Sportacular for a little while now. I'm glad they came out with the new 1.2 update where you can track your favorite teams all on one screen no matter which sport.

I didn't know that!

(loads Sportacular now)

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA

I can only add one team! What gives?

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
Isn't Sportacular mainly just a container for mobileSafari? I use it and like it but there doesn't seem to be much of a native app about it.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
MA
Isn't Sportacular mainly just a container for mobileSafari? I use it and like it but there doesn't seem to be much of a native app about it.

I suppose, but couldn't you say that about the majority of Apps out there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.