Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Are there any watch bands that match Apple’s sports bands, but are a few mm wider?

The Apple sport band looks a bit thin on the Ultra…

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Not what you’re asking for, but if you don’t mind the solo loop, it’s actually wider than the sport bands and the same width as the ocean band (tho still narrower than the alpine loop)

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
yup exactly, trying to find 24 and 26mm wide sport bands like Apple's

the solo loop is a good suggestion, but I just don't like them, I like being able to adjust my bands throughout the day

akidokraja

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
yup exactly, trying to find 24 and 26mm wide sport bands like Apple's

the solo loop is a good suggestion, but I just don't like them, I like being able to adjust my bands throughout the day
Yes, 24mm sport band like would be great. 22mm looks little thin on Ultra.

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I kinda like the wider bands with the ultra on my 190mm wrists. I’m not personally convinced that the normal sport bands are wide enough for me paired the ultra.

I’ve got a white ocean band and a green alpine band, both of which look great and I’ve a nomad sport band in ultra orange on order. Does anyone have a nomad sport band that can pls tell me the width of them?

Also any girthier strap suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks 😉

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I kinda like the wider bands with the ultra on my 190mm wrists. I’m not personally convinced that the normal sport bands are wide enough for me paired the ultra.

I’ve got a white ocean band and a green alpine band, both of which look great and I’ve a nomad sport band in ultra orange on order. Does anyone have a nomad sport band that can pls tell me the width of them?

Also any girthier strap suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks 😉

I also ordered the orange nomad sport band because I liked the look of the color. Didn’t think about width, but it looks nice in pictures. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll be here for a couple months.

I checked their FAQ and no info there. Don’t see any reviewers that have actually measured the width on the thing. I wonder if they’d respond quickly to a support email?

Reactions: Southernguy

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I also ordered the orange nomad sport band because I liked the look of the color. Didn’t think about width, but it looks nice in pictures. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll be here for a couple months.

I checked their FAQ and no info there. Don’t see any reviewers that have actually measured the width on the thing. I wonder if they’d respond quickly to a support email?
I’m hearing likely mid Nov release for the ultra Orange but depends when you ordered it as to when you’ll get it. Yeah I’ve popped them a DM on insta as they’ve replied quickly before via that channel. Will let you know.

Reactions: T5BRICK

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
let us know what they say, i emailed them a month ago, and the reply I got was 'they're 3.5cm wide" which makes no sense. I asked for clarification and never heard back

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have the Nomad Sport band in Lunar Gray and it's very slightly narrower than the Apple Sport Band.

Still looks good though.
IMG_1971.jpeg IMG_1973.jpeg

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
let us know what they say, i emailed them a month ago, and the reply I got was 'they're 3.5cm wide" which makes no sense. I asked for clarification and never heard back

I looked more and found some info in the FAQ, but they quote the same 3.5cm number here which is obviously wrong.

Attachments

• E7188E73-88B1-483A-AB9D-856B5CA28CC7.jpeg
    E7188E73-88B1-483A-AB9D-856B5CA28CC7.jpeg
    513.8 KB · Views: 111

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
What about the nomad leather sport? it’s waterproof, anyone tried it, not cheap but looks good.

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
I had the following response from nomad a short time ago, not that we needed it thanks to @Pug72 :

‘The width at the middle of the band measures 2.2cm and the width at the lug is 3.5cm. Let us know if you have any other questions’

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.