Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stefanreals

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
Portland, OR
Any body else find the sport loop band to be uncomfortable? Its not unbearable just not as comfortable as I thought it would be.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
If the Sports Loop, I'm all in and have 5. I do have 5 Sports Bands also. However the Loop is SOOOO much more comfortable and adjustable. Can't image how there could be a more comfortable band unless they made one out of cotton.

Reactions: artfossil

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I just got a sport loop and love it! I also got a couple of third part sport loops to check them out and so far so good!

Stefanreals

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2016
Portland, OR
I just got a sport loop and love it! I also got a couple of third part sport loops to check them out and so far so good!
My last watch I got a third party sport loop and I loved it as well for my series 4 watch I went with the seashell white sport loop from apple and I think its a lot less comfortable than the third party bands.

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Way more comfortable than the band. I’m rocking the Nike black loop.

jsd79

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2013
I like the sport loops. But my all-time favorite band is the black/gray nylon I received with my original AW S0. I still have it and wear it often!

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Sports loops are the sweatpants of each bands

I didn't know what Ben Lovejoy from 9to5mac meant when he said it didn't look like a band that suited a $429 watch until I got mine.

It's super comfortable, and I would probably wear it to swim or at the beach, but I prefer the sport bands for daily wear and Milanese to dress it up.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I didn't know what Ben Lovejoy from 9to5mac meant when he said it didn't look like a band that suited a $429 watch until I got mine.

It's super comfortable, and I would probably wear it to swim or at the beach, but I prefer the sport bands for daily wear and Milanese to dress it up.

I recently worked a a store. More and more I saw the loops on wrists. Not just for casual use. The black loops look great especially with the gold.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Blues and blacks look good with the space gray and gold.
I have the SBSS and the I enjoy any colored band othe than lighter color bands.
Reds, blues and blacks are my preference

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
Blues and blacks look good with the space gray and gold.
I have the SBSS and the I enjoy any colored band othe than lighter color bands.
Reds, blues and blacks are my preference
I have 2 Nike-style knockoff band from Amazon that really pop and are my current favorites. One is black with blue highlights, and the other is black with red highlights.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Got me curious as to what I have. Looks like 6 of each.

IMG_5856.jpg

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
The sport bands have always seemed so tacky and toy like for an AW versus the loop imo but thats why we have options!

Reactions: Precursor

Deguello

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Texas
The sport bands have always seemed so tacky and toy like for an AW versus the loop imo but thats why we have options!
Not nearly as stylish as colored silicone with holes punched in it, i guess.

I’ll probably get a leather band but, other than that, I have no desire for anything other than a sport loop.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
I find it to be the MOST comfortable band, although I’ll agree with a previous post that they can feel cheaply made.

ReardenMetal

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2015
Los Angeles
What’s funny is I see it as the opposite, but then again it also comes down how one pairs the colors to the cases too. I’ve seen some awful sport band pairings, while the black sport loop seems to photograph very well. The loop always felt off and looked off to me, whereas the band curves flush into the case, fits the futuristic design and is much more durable and easier to clean/maintain. Personal preference, I suppose.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I certainly find the sport loop to be comfortable. Although I prefer the sport band though.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
I have a grey sport loop with an SS S0 that my son gave me. He had it since release. Still looks great.

I now have a black loop with my gold SS S4.

I don't think they feel cheap and I usually never even know I have it on.

Marzel

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2018
The sport loop is the best overall band. It’s very comfortable, durable and has great color options. I don’t understand people finding the quality bad. For what it is, is the best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.