Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrAverigeUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 20, 2015
europe
Although my MBP 2012 i7 15" has just been upgraded (1TB SSD and 16GB) and works very fine, I had sometimes more and more beach balls and sometimes freezing of Safari since some months.
It´s rarely really disturbing, but nevertheless very irritating.

I read an interesting posting a week ago that Spotify can be the cause for that.

I use Deezer for streaming and as I realized music-streaming might be the reason for the sometimes occurring problems, I tested the same MBP without Deezer activated - and had a brilliant rapid MBP without any problems. Same for using other User-accounts of the same MBP.
So - there seams to be a correlation of the performance-problems with streaming...

I am thinking about Spotify/Deezer - apart from simple streaming activity - perhaps using sometimes too much resources of the mac for their adjusting of personal preferences and perhaps also using for free their customer machines as a network - and this in an extent that is even blocking the performance of their customers machines?

What do you think about this?

Never have regarded activity monitor to verify this hypothesis, but that might be interesting...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.