Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lambomacguy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
I havent been able to locate any apps, does any such working Spotify App exist for PPC? I cant get it to work on TenFourFox (1.33ghz G4)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, all the ibooks are really good or are music streaming playback.

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
I havent been able to locate any apps, does any such working Spotify App exist for PPC? I cant get it to work on TenFourFox (1.33ghz G4)
Any help would be greatly appreciated, all the ibooks are really good or are music streaming playback.

Spotify stopped working on PowerPC last year - it was workable long, long after it had ceased being supported.

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
As for the other side of the fence...

Are there any Pandora apps?

vddrnnr

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2017
Hi all,

"Sorry" for reviving this old thread.
Does anyone know to which server urls is spoty trying to connect to?

Best regards,
voidRunner

mcjardine

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2021
I know this is an old thread. Apologies if this is very obvious but I just wanted to share my solution for music streaming. I use TenFourFox with DuckDuckGo. I do a video search with the SD setting on. Then I play the mix in DuckDuckGo, thus avoiding the processor heavy pop-up windows in YouTube. Even on SD the video takes a while to catch up, but the audio plays smoothly, and often I play mixes with a static image.This works on my G4 Lampy running 10.4.11. I also have Kubuntu 12.04 and YouTube worked on that last time I checked, albeit with very pixelated video, however I don't reccomend using that, unless you are up for lots of problem solving to get linux set up.

Attachments

• grab(1).jpg
    grab(1).jpg
    273 KB · Views: 198

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
If YouTube is where it's at, there's some solutions out there, e.g.

:)

Reactions: mcjardine
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.