Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Hey experts! Successful (smooth) jb on 5s running 8.1. Only glitch so far is Spotlight Search is not working. When I enter a search term the first letter I type causes the search to "shut down" and go back to home screen. Funny thing is I can paste into the entry field and it works fine.

Any ideas??

TIA

Steve

Last edited:

ANTAWNM26

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2009
Hey experts! Successful (smooth) jb on 5s running 8.1. Only glitch so far is Spotlight Search is not working. When I enter a search term the first letter I type causes the search to "shut down" and go back to home screen. Funny thing is I can paste into the entry field and it works fine.

Any ideas??

TIA

Steve

re jailbreak

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Under the pangu icon there's a settings that says rebuild app list. Worth a shot.

I plan on restoring Thursday, my next day off and setting up as brand spannking new then jail breaking again. I've added and deleted a boatload of tweaks lol...

scirica

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
Update: Problem Solved Itself

Apparently on my device, perhaps because I was trying Spotlight before my phone had finished restoring all my apps/music from backup, the Spotlight Search hadn't finished the equivalent of "indexing". Just a guess, because as soon as the phone was no longer connected to iTunes via USB Spotlight became fully functional.

I guess one has to have patience!

Thanks for the replies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.