Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KenB

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Ever since I received my 6+, I've noticed that the Spotlight Search takes forever to find songs or apps that I'm looking for. I had as many categories unchecked as I can live without, and all the unchecked ones at the bottom of the list, and it was still painfully slow compared to iOS7 on my iPhone 5.

Within the last couple of days I've noticed a HUGE improvement in the speed of the search. It's actually usable again!

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Still screws up all the time for me on 8.1.3. Frequently it just display no results at all unless I wait 30 seconds or so. Very annoying.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2014
Still screws up all the time for me on 8.1.3. Frequently it just display no results at all unless I wait 30 seconds or so. Very annoying.

I thought it was just the first few times as the phone creates "connectors"... As in, it creates a memory of where everything..

But yea man i use spotlight for everything. Its an instant go to for EVERYTHING i do on the phone. Apple is seriously dropping the ball bad....

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013

This. Happens all the time with me which I find incredibly frustrating because I use it a lot.

DocMultimedia

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2012
Charlottesville, VA
Also annoyed at the way spotlight just sits there with blank results. Keep thinking they will fix that, but it still hasn't happened. I've tried every trick I've found in various forums. Nothing has worked.

Not happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.