Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FFocuSS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I've been having issues with theming the dock in Springtomize 2, which was just updated a day or two ago. Before the update, it wouldn't let you select a custom dock after you hit Choose Dock. Now, I can select a custom dock, but it doesn't apply it (it keeps the default one). Has anyone had any luck with this feature?

Last edited:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I've been having issues with theming the dock in Springtomize 2, which was just updated a day or two ago. Before the update, it wouldn't let you select a custom dock after you hit Choose Dock. Now, I can select a custom dock, but it doesn't apply it (it keeps the default one). Has anyone had any luck with this feature?

I'm having the same problem I think. In the new, part 5 post your home screen thread, I found a really cool dock and reflections called Mirror Dock. Keep in mind I've used springtomize in the past to use a custom dock but that's where my theming knowledge stops. I'm not a themer at all. Anyways, I use springtomize and select the Mirror Dock but nothing happens. It remains stock.

So if you find a solution to get it working please let me know cause I wanna use this mirror dock badly.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Off topic here but related springtomize, I have enabled a custom Notifcation center background. I have mine set to blurried. At first after a respring or reboot, when I pull down my NC it works as its supposed to. But at a certain point while using the phone, whenever I swipe it down, during the swipe the blurried background is really dark but once I reach the bottom and let go of my screen, the blurried background lights up and looks as its supposed to look.

Anyone else experiencing this? The only other tweak I have installed for the NC is NCSettings.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
I've been using since update the other day. You are going to want to make 2 copies of your dock. For example Dock-iPhone@2x.png and Dock-iPhone.png then place them both into a folder. Copy the folder to /library/application support/springtomize/themes/dock. Then in Springtomize choose your dock from the drop down menu and make sure you toggle the switch to On. Hope that helps. BTW I'm on a iP5 with 6.1.2.

FFocuSS

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I've been using since update the other day. You are going to want to make 2 copies of your dock. For example Dock-iPhone@2x.png and Dock-iPhone.png then place them both into a folder. Copy the folder to /library/application support/springtomize/themes/dock. Then in Springtomize choose your dock from the drop down menu and make sure you toggle the switch to On. Hope that helps. BTW I'm on a iP5 with 6.1.2.

Nice! Thanks a lot man! The dev should include that in the documentation.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012

This is very kind of you to help us out. I feel like such a noob because I am terrible at theming. I know everything about every other functionality tweak but I suck at this stuff lol.

Anyways, I am trying really hard to get this mirror dock and mirror reflections set up on my phone. I'm only using springtomize. For starters, I followed your instructions but when I do it, my dock completely disappears. If you ever have a free minute, can you take a look at this and see if you can help me out? I would greatly appreciate it! Anyways, the mirror dock and dock icon reflections zip file is located in this thread...

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16928265/

Any idea how I can set these up? Thanks for your time.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
This is very kind of you to help us out. I feel like such a noob because I am terrible at theming. I know everything about every other functionality tweak but I suck at this stuff lol.

Anyways, I am trying really hard to get this mirror dock and mirror reflections set up on my phone. I'm only using springtomize. For starters, I followed your instructions but when I do it, my dock completely disappears. If you ever have a free minute, can you take a look at this and see if you can help me out? I would greatly appreciate it! Anyways, the mirror dock and dock icon reflections zip file is located in this thread...

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/16928265/

Any idea how I can set these up? Thanks for your time.

The dock in that download is transparent. The SBDockMask you'll need to move to you theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard. In Springtomize you'll want to navigate to the Dock options and Hide Labels & Hide Shadows, make sure Hide Reflection is Off. Then down to Theming and Custom Dock is On and choose your dock. I'll post the dock that I've been using can't remember where I got it from so credit where credits due. With the 2 docks place them into a folder on desktop, or iFile and place them in/Library/Application Support/Springtomize/Themes/Dock then apply through Springtomize. Make sure to Respring from the Spingtomize Settings. Hope this helps and no problem:)

Attachments

• Dock-iPhone.png
    Dock-iPhone.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 477
  • Dock-iPhone@2x.png
    Dock-iPhone@2x.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 155

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
The dock in that download is transparent. The SBDockMask you'll need to move to you theme/bundles/com.apple.springboard. In Springtomize you'll want to navigate to the Dock options and Hide Labels & Hide Shadows, make sure Hide Reflection is Off. Then down to Theming and Custom Dock is On and choose your dock. I'll post the dock that I've been using can't remember where I got it from so credit where credits due. With the 2 docks place them into a folder on desktop, or iFile and place them in/Library/Application Support/Springtomize/Themes/Dock then apply through Springtomize. Make sure to Respring from the Spingtomize Settings. Hope this helps and no problem:)

Thank you so much for posting this. Very kind of you sir. Very much appreciated. Ill give it a shot tonight and let you know how it goes!

----------

Off topic here but related springtomize, I have enabled a custom Notifcation center background. I have mine set to blurried. At first after a respring or reboot, when I pull down my NC it works as its supposed to. But at a certain point while using the phone, whenever I swipe it down, during the swipe the blurried background is really dark but once I reach the bottom and let go of my screen, the blurried background lights up and looks as its supposed to look.

Anyone else experiencing this? The only other tweak I have installed for the NC is NCSettings.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I guess I'll have to disable blurried in springtomize and use Ryan Petrich's tweak or skip the blurried effect altogether. No big deal either way. More than anything I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this.

elykoj

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
Reflective.mirror docks? Help...

Guys, I have been trying for over a week now to get a mirror dock on my 4s. Pinoy has been mentioned but the mediafire zip link is now down and i have tried to download an addon in cydia but cant get anything to work??? can anyone help a brotha out? ;)(using the boss.ios theme)

Thank you so much for posting this. Very kind of you sir. Very much appreciated. Ill give it a shot tonight and let you know how it goes!

----------

Am I the only one experiencing this? I guess I'll have to disable blurried in springtomize and use Ryan Petrich's tweak or skip the blurried effect altogether. No big deal either way. More than anything I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Guys, I have been trying for over a week now to get a mirror dock on my 4s. Pinoy has been mentioned but the mediafire zip link is now down and i have tried to download an addon in cydia but cant get anything to work??? can anyone help a brotha out? ;)(using the boss.ios theme)

So you can't download that zip file in my post? Let me know. I can send it to you or upload it.

elykoj

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2012
can i download directly to my phone?

So you can't download that zip file in my post? Let me know. I can send it to you or upload it.

how can i do this? can i download directly to my 4s? if so can you tell me how to install it? thanks,, im dumb:rolleyes:

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
how can i do this? can i download directly to my 4s? if so can you tell me how to install it? thanks,, im dumb:rolleyes:

No there's no way to "install" it. Just follow the instructions to set it up. It's just a couple posts up. The kind member who posted the instructions is nwmtnbiker. Just scroll up a little bit and you'll see the instructions.

Do you have iFile installed? If so, just follow that link in my post up above, then click on the mirror dock.zip file link, then in the new page click on open in iFile to download the zip folder to iFile. Then unzip the folder and you'll have the 2 files saved to your iPhone. Then follow nwmtnbiker's instructions.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Can you screenshot so i can see which one you have? thanks

What do you mean? A screenshot of my dock? I'm using the stock dock. I posted a couple hours ago that I was gonna try this tonight when I get home. I'm not a themer so my knowledge is extremely limited. I'm not the best person to be answering these questions lol. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

----------

You should read through the various Post Your Homescreen threads. Tons of information there plus links to different themes and addons. On top of that, the members in that thread will be much more helpful than me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.