Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
People here don't think logically on issues of economics or business. They're largely economically illiterate, which is unfortunate. Probably a bunch of democrats..

Yes, literally every single democrat in the world is economically illiterate.

Thank you for reminding me that someone can agree with me on principal and still be a raging jerk with no concept of reality.

kenroberts83

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2012
Yes, literally every single democrat in the world is economically illiterate.

Thank you for reminding me that someone can agree with me on principal and still be a raging jerk with no concept of reality.

Did I say every single? Of course not. I may be a raging jerk, but what does that make a person who tries to put words in my mouth?

It is indisputable that people with liberal leanings tend to be far less literate on economic matters, on average. You can clearly see it in most of the discussions here and elsewhere. They think a few government regulations can make cellular service cost the same here as it does in South Korea, while still covering most of a continent.

Konrad9

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2012
Did I say every single? Of course not. I may be a raging jerk, but what does that make a person who tries to put words in my mouth?

It is indisputable that people with liberal leanings tend to be far less literate on economic matters, on average. You can clearly see it in most of the discussions here and elsewhere. They think a few government regulations can make cellular service cost the same here as it does in South Korea, while still covering most of a continent.

Show me proof that backs this up. I want data from a scientific study that backs this up.

Not some random uncited survey from your favorite news website, actual proof.

BuffaloTF

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2008
But it's back to my original question... Will the law force SPRINT and Virgin Mobile USA (who I'm with) to unlock their phones. Right now their policy is strictly NO.

And back to my point. Clearly the iPhone 5s has all the technical capabilities as I'm sure the iPhone 6 will too. Sprint might be able to use loopholes and whatnot for earlier phones, but I can't see how they can legally refuse to unlocked iPhone 5s models, since if anything, they have more frequency bands than the VERIZON & ATT models.

Sorry for the delay. My cookie had expired and logged me out so I never saw the notification for this. Anyway -- Yes, the law will force them to unlock domestically. Sprint had made a separate press release prior to the law passing that they would update their policies to unlock domestically starting in February 2015. Will that carry over to older model phones? I'm not so sure. While the 5S has the capabilities, they'd have to issue a new baseband for the phone. The baseband locks it to Sprint in the US. I'm not even sure if I would assume the 6 would be domestically unlockable.

Will it carry over to Virgin... I assume so. Phones are interchageable between them, Sprint and Boost now -- all of course being Sprint-owned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.