Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z6128

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
New Jersey
I want a LTE iPad and have a Verizon plan where adding a tablet is only $10 more a month. I need to order from Target and their website only has the Sprint version in stock right now.

Does anyone know if Verizon will activate the Sprint iPad on my plan since they're all supposed to be unlocked?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I want a LTE iPad and have a Verizon plan where adding a tablet is only $10 more a month. I need to order from Target and their website only has the Sprint version in stock right now.

Does anyone know if Verizon will activate the Sprint iPad on my plan since they're all supposed to be unlocked?
The official line appears to be Verizon won't activate non-recognized devices on their network. However, you can do the same thing as another member on this forum did and call customer service pretending you don't know why the iPad won't activate and just have them activate the ICCID for the SIM card instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.