Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thunder555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
OK. So I got my phone last night. Psyched. But completely forgot that I don't have my Nextel account number (locked in office). Called customer service and they are guarding the account number like its the nuke code.

ANY suggestions on how to get the account number so I can get my baby activated? Thanks in advance!

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
OK. So I got my phone last night. Psyched. But completely forgot that I don't have my Nextel account number (locked in office). Called customer service and they are guarding the account number like its the nuke code.

ANY suggestions on how to get the account number so I can get my baby activated? Thanks in advance!

If you have already signed up for account access on Sprint.com, you can view copies of your bill, which have the account number on them.

That is what I did.

thunder555

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
If you have already signed up for account access on Sprint.com, you can view copies of your bill, which have the account number on them.

That is what I did.

Unfortunately, I never did that...My accounts payable girl handles all my bills and she's gone for the weekend. Figured maybe it was somewhere on the phone or that there would be another way to obtain it.

Amazing that even with a SS and other info, they won't give up the account.

Pine-Tree

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2005
Arizona, USA
Unfortunately, I never did that...My accounts payable girl handles all my bills and she's gone for the weekend. Figured maybe it was somewhere on the phone or that there would be another way to obtain it.

Amazing that even with a SS and other info, they won't give up the account.

That's strange, I had the same issue but earlier in the week. I simply called customer care, told them I wanted my account number, verified by giving them some info, and they gave it to me. They must be getting an increased number of people leaving them for iphone so they're giving you guys a hard time. I had a feeling this was going to happen so made the jump to open a new account early in the week, and seeing all the problems people have been getting, I'm glad I did!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.