Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Needy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2023
Hi I broke down and got my self a M3 iMac also purchased Minisopuru USB Hub because I needed extra slots for printer and other stuff
can some one please recommend a good ssd card that is compatible with M3 iMac
Thank you

Needy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2023
Ok I do not know what a SSD card is when I went to school the desk still had inkwell
This was recommended Crucial P3 1TB PLE GEN3 3D NAND NVME M2 SSD just wondering if this is compatible with
Imac M3 chip
Thank you

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
This was recommended Crucial P3 1TB PLE GEN3 3D NAND NVME M2 SSD just wondering if this is compatible with
Imac M3 chip
You can’t install a NVME SSD in the M3 iMac. You’ll need an external enclosure.

Needy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2023
Yes it does just wondering if the m2 is compatible with M3 chip in computer Thanks every one I have sent a message to Minisopuru Hub sellers see what they say

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
Yes it does just wondering if the m2 is compatible with M3 chip in computer
In questions like this it's always best to provide links to the particular items. Is this the Hub you have???

https://minisopuru.com/products/ds802-s

The M.2 NVME SSD needs to be compatible with the enclosure (the hub, in the above case).

IF the M.2 NVME SSD is compatible with your Minisopuru USB Hub, and the hub is USB-compatible, then the Mac will be able to use it.

That page for the hub I linked above says

The embedded design supports only the iMac 24 inch 2021 computer, and the plugable docking station also supports all computers with Type C port.

I don't see an "embedded design" version on that page, though, as the page seems to be for a "pluggable docking station" which would connect with a cable. If yours connects with a cable it should work with your M3-chip Mac.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
I bought this for my iMac M3 which has similar ports and they recommend "Enclosure compatible with M.2 form factor compatible with both SATA and NVME in sizes: 2242/2260/2280" So I bought the "Crucial P2 2TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD". Not only does the dock look gorgeous the added 2TB SSD and all the ports are awesome and did I say it looks gorgeous also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.