Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidwellens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2016
Belgium
Hi everyone,

A shopping question:
I'm looking for a SSD enclosure that will fit both the Mac Pro OWC SSD cards and the ones in the MBP w/ SSD models. I found two (see below), but nowhere do they mention compatibility.
I need an enclosure because:

1. one of our employees her MBP died and we only have 2 of these left (we're switching to the new Macbooks per standard), and if it's a hardware problem, I'm going to need an enclosure because she didn't back up her data.
  2. If I found one that was compatible with Mac Pro SSDs as well, it would be win/win, because most of them work on shared storage (which is backed up); but the local SSD isn't.
Any help? I found these:

StarTech isn't a preference but we have SATA enclosures from them that work great, so.. :)

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
one of our employees her MBP died and we only have 2 of these left (we're switching to the new Macbooks per standard), and if it's a hardware problem, I'm going to need an enclosure because she didn't back up her data.

Did you gave her a hard warning? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.