Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Shortly after installing a new SSD (Samsung 830) in my Mac Pro I started getting an error saying the the disk had been ejected wrongly. The error appears randomly and doesn't say which disk it is but I assume it's the SSD because apps on it become unresponsive.

When the error appears, most apps freeze but not all, which is weird because if the SSD was truly ejected then I assume nothing would work (have OSX installed on the SSD). Every now and then Finder will show an error saying it is unresponsive on start up without the SSD error occurring.

I have tried to repair permissions and verifying the disk. It has the latest firmware installed.

Should I return the SSD for a replacement or is it possible that something went wrong when cloning OS X from my old SSD to this one?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
I'd also double check the integrity of the connections. Where did you install the SSD, a hard drive bay or optical bay? Any adapters? Which model MacPro?

Otherwise its a bad SSD, infant mortality is pretty high for most.

mrt209

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
USA/Germany
Thanks for the replies. It's installed in the optical bay... no adapters. Ordered it from Amazon so just requested a replacement.

Thanks for the help :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.