Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xai

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Either im stupid or something wrong has happened....I cant SSH to my iPod anymore....Ive used Cute FTP pro 8 and WinSCP and now I cant get into my iPod....anyone have any suggestions or is anyone having the same problem??

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
you say "anymore" so im assuming you've been sucessful before?

try the terminal command

ssh root@(ipod address)

before trying the SSH program

Xai

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
How do I do the terminal method?? and yes I was successful before but only with certain ip addresses....

Xai

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I swear my iPod is being bipolar....let me try Cute FTP 8 again real quick..

For some damn reason its working now!....after 8 hours messin with it yesterday...man im mad. Anyways do I have to be on the same connection on my laptop as my iPod.....I didnt think I would have to but it kind of makes sense

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
can some one please help me. this is really weird but i have never been able to ssh into my ipod but i was recently looking at my installer and i upgraded somehow to a new installer apptapp. i even got to change my background to the leopard one. i guess is this weird? and what should i do because everytime i try to ssh on terminal on my intel mac it just goes to the next line and doesn't do anything...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.