Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ishabazz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
This is a bit of self-promotion, but personal biases aside, I really do love the sticker pack I made. It's a ton of phases (over 150) that look like rubber stamps. They can be sent alone, peeled, then rotated or scaled and applied or my favorite is to send them with screen effects like "slam", "loud" and occasionally "lasers". Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://bit.ly/StampPack

Attachments

• Image from Tweetbot.jpg
    Image from Tweetbot.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 249

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
This is a bit of self-promotion, but personal biases aside, I really do love the sticker pack I made. It's a ton of phases (over 150) that look like rubber stamps. They can be sent alone, peeled, then rotated or scaled and applied or my favorite is to send them with screen effects like "slam", "loud" and occasionally "lasers". Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://bit.ly/StampPack
Nice one.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Looks very cool... but not 1.99 cool. I'd probably have paid .99 but there are soooooooo many stickers out there that if I started paying 1.99 for all the ones that look cool that i'd like to have...... so my cut off, if i REALLY like it, is .99!

I won't even pay disney 1.99 for theirs!

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
Looks very cool... but not 1.99 cool. I'd probably have paid .99 but there are soooooooo many stickers out there that if I started paying 1.99 for all the ones that look cool that i'd like to have...... so my cut off, if i REALLY like it, is .99!

I won't even pay disney 1.99 for theirs!

Man... i remember the days before smart phones, when people had some PDA devices.... and even the most basic simple games were like $15-$30. Times sure have changed.... people think paying a dollar or two for something they like is too much. But they will drop it on a soda or beer without thinking twice.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Man... i remember the days before smart phones, when people had some PDA devices.... and even the most basic simple games were like $15-$30. Times sure have changed.... people think paying a dollar or two for something they like is too much. But they will drop it on a soda or beer without thinking twice.

I NEVER paid that for games when I had my Handbrake and Clie! As a matter of fact... I think about the only app I bought was SplashData.

And actually I am very price conscious about soda and beer... oh wait! I never buy beer or alcohol when I'm out because I know darned well that I can buy a whole 6-pack for the price of what they charge for one beer! Soda I just don't drink.

For something like stickers, when you compare it to other apps that are available and more useful.... ya... I have a problem with 1.99 vs .99

gavroche

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Left Coast
I NEVER paid that for games when I had my Handbrake and Clie! As a matter of fact... I think about the only app I bought was SplashData.

And actually I am very price conscious about soda and beer... oh wait! I never buy beer or alcohol when I'm out because I know darned well that I can buy a whole 6-pack for the price of what they charge for one beer! Soda I just don't drink.

For something like stickers, when you compare it to other apps that are available and more useful.... ya... I have a problem with 1.99 vs .99

Ha... the key word you used was "bought". Of course the apps were "cheaper" to you if you just downloaded a copy and used it, without paying the person that made it. And on those devices it was very easy to just obtain and use a bootleg copy of an app. But that's not a valid counter-argument to the fact that apps are far cheaper today than they were then. You have to compare the price now to the price then.
The sad part i think is that people need to realize that in the long run refusing to pay a mere 1.99 or .99 for a good app or game is only going to hurt them. Because if the people that write good apps and games can't get paid for their time, they will either not make it altogether, or just write something mediocre. The difference in price between .99 and 1.99, when multiplied by the number of people that buy it, can be enough money to make a difference between a very high quality app and a crap app. If you see a decline in quality in the future, you will have a partial reason why.

edit: people also go purely bokers if a developer decides to charge for a major app upgrade (remember 1password doing that? people were furious). Yet those same people likely complain that the developers of many of the apps they use don't ever update them, or do so very infrequently. Guess they just think they should being doing that forever, for free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.