Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
Good afternoon all.

Love this new feature.

Is there a way to have it to come on as a bedside clock & Stay on all night. Currently put it in horizontal mode on MagSafe charger. Time & date comes on in chosen colour. Dims after a few seconds which is perfect. Prob is it then goes off after a further few seconds. Comes on if it detects movement of my hand , but I don’t want to keep doing that as defeats point.

I’d just like to delete my 3rd party clock
App I’ve been using & have this new feature take its place. If I open my eyes at 02:00 in morning I would like to see the time rather than play charades in the dark with my hands.

I’ve played about with the 2 settings for this , but doesn’t seem to JUST stay on.

Am I missing something. Is the bedside purpose of this just not how I would like it to be. Or maybe a bug ?

Cheers.

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
I’m wondering the same thing! I just bought the anker Cube as a charger while keeping the phone horizontal on the stand. They mentioned with iPhone 14 pro, the clock is displayed all the time (AOD), but I also see no way to keep it on all the time except to wave a hand at it or something which defeats the purpose of always on. Tried all settings also. And my aod otherwise works when not docked. So not sure if I’m missing something. 🤷🏽‍♂️

SpaceGrayAlways

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
I was playing with the settings and there doesn't seem to be a way. I'd encourage everyone to submit a feedback request to add this capability 😉

Reactions: xxray

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
I'm still on 16, but IIRC my iPhone 14 Pro's display turns off overnight because I have a sleep focus set. Did you check to see if that's the case here?

Reactions: xxray and rmcomer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.