Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Is anyone else seeing issues on Standby with 17.2?

I have an iPhone 14 Pro that I've been happily using in Standby on a Belkin Magsafe charger.

Today (my first day at this desk since 17.2) it's misbehaving. It happily activates when the phone goes on the charger, then after about 30 seconds it briefly flashes back to the login screen, then back to Standby.

It looks like the issue is triggered by charging issues as the battery percent and widgets appear in the island.

I've not noticed the issue on my overnight MagSafe charger (different model) and will test that charger shortly

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Other reports of this on this forum including from me. Exactly the same issue with my Belkin MagSafe charger. At least we know it’s not a hardware fault with our phones.

Reactions: deadlock

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Interstingly my Belkin travel charger which I use overnight works perfectly.
Belkin have started an RMA for me

NeidRider

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
My Belkin Magnetic Wireless Charger stand shows exactly the same behavior.
Doesnt's really look like an issue with the charger, but a change in the software?
Strange thing is, I have optimised charging on, which normally charges the phone fully around 5:30am.
However, I was woken by the phone misbehaving around 2:10am and it was already at 98%.
So maybe a glitch in the communcation between phone and charger?

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
That's certainly what it feels like to me. Initially I thouhght it was because the phone was at 90% charge when I initially put it on the charger. But I tried it later when the charge had run down to 60% and it was still the same.

NeidRider

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
Considering that Apple has brought us Qi2 with 17.2, I presume a connection to that is ... shall we say likely?

DerKleineDucky

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2023
Austria
Since iOS 17.2 I have exactly the same issue with my Belkin MagSafe Wireless Charger and my iPhone 13 Pro.
Worked fine before, since the update to Qi2 I experience these annoying charging interrupts.

NeidRider

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
The bug is obviously consistent with the Belkin charger(s). I was hoping that turning off optimised charging would change something, but unfortunately it didn't...

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Unfortunately I've heard nothing about my return since responding to a request for additional information (photo of the base)

NeidRider

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
Has anybody tested if 17.2.1 changed anything?
I'm currently charging by cable to get around that bug...

deadlock

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
I've now received a refund for my purchase. I'm going to keep my stand and hope 17.3 fixes things, but not expecting anything.

NeidRider

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2023
I've switched charging-stand, now using a Belking Boost Charge Pro 2-in-1, so far no issues.
So it really seems to be related to the other stand...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.