Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

Is it normal that stands/footers in MBP 2017 scrape away quickly? On all of them I see traces of scrape away.

If this stands scrape away totally can I change them by itself?

Cheers :)

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
If you are talking about the silicone feet on the bottom of your MBPro, you should be able to replace them. Never heard of them being worn out, do you slide your laptop around on a table often?

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Yes, I am talking about them. They are not worn out, but there are traces of use. I use mobile table and there my MBP slides sometimes. This is not stable as normal table. Is it normal that after 2.5 mouth of use there are traces?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Yes, I am talking about them. They are not worn out, but there are traces of use. I use mobile table and there my MBP slides sometimes. This is not stable as normal table. Is it normal that after 2.5 mouth of use there are traces?

The feet are soft and will scratch easily. Without seeing a picture I can not judge how much they are wearing. I would avoid sliding your laptop across surfaces. Maybe pick it up and put it back down.

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
they are made from plastic, not the best material for feets, but they are available on eBay for few bucks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.