Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
Surely everyone interested in this show already saw the trailer, but as I do not see a thread about it, here it is:

I for one am really looking forward to it. I was already looking forward to it even when the only thing I had seen was a poster of Picard and his dog. But this trailer looks like it will prove good Star Trek can be made, after the dumpster fire that was Discovery - though, to be fair, season 2 was better ... only because it made me really want to see a series following the adventures of Christopher Pike on the Enterprise (with of course Anson Mount reprising his role, as well as Rebecca Romijn as Number 1 :D ).

Sorry if the trailer is from a Canadian station, for some reason I can't find an "official" version.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Surely everyone interested in this show already saw the trailer, but as I do not see a thread about it, here it is:

I for one am really looking forward to it. I was already looking forward to it even when the only thing I had seen was a poster of Picard and his dog. But this trailer looks like it will prove good Star Trek can be made, after the dumpster fire that was Discovery - though, to be fair, season 2 was better ... only because it made me really want to see a series following the adventures of Christopher Pike on the Enterprise (with of course Anson Mount reprising his role, as well as Rebecca Romijn as Number 1 :D ).

Sorry if the trailer is from a Canadian station, for some reason I can't find an "official" version.
Picard is looking really old. Shouldn't he be retired now? ;) Discovery? I’ll take that any day over Voyager or Enterprise.

Reactions: The Hammer

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Looking forward to this, too.

For the record, I love all the Star Trek's. The only thing I probably really don't care for is the intro music to ENT.

Likewise, with the exceptions of Enterprise (which I disliked) and Discovery (which I have never seen).

But, Picard sounds as though it could be genuinely worth watching, and I must say that I am looking forward to it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just want you to know that any e-bond we've built over the years has gone down the toilet after reading this.
I’m sad. :)

He IS retired.

Your opinions on Star Trek will now be completely disregarded :p

It’s too late, might as well let it all hang out now. ;)

After STNG, I’ve expected continued cutting edge, but got repeat story lines early on out of Voyager, and with Enterorise, let’s go down to the planet and help them repair their shed. Its one redeeming feature was the post- away team in their undies rub, featuring T’pol. :D

6DF061C9-5EF0-4F7C-9FE6-48A2A1507EE2.jpeg

Likewise, with the exceptions of Enterprise (which I disliked) and Discovery (which I have never seen).

But, Picard sounds as though it could be genuinely worth watching, and I must say that I am looking forward to it.

I’m going to guess you wouldn’t like Discovery. I thought Season 1 was stellar and recently posted a critique in the Discovery thread about Season 2, a little too fast and furious with precarious situations through S2E5.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkcerda

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 25, 2013
While I love Star Trek, I won’t be watching this. I’m not subscribing to another service in order to watch it.
It's a real shame that it's locked behind the CBS all access service in the US.

In the rest of the world, it's going to be available on (I believe) Amazon Prime Video, while in Canada it will be on the Space channel, as well as available for Crave TV subscribers (which is the service that grants us access to HBO in Canada).

The series will probably be more popular in the world than in the US. They really should consider partnerships with other services :/

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
While I love Star Trek, I won’t be watching this. I’m not subscribing to another service in order to watch it.
Same here. I'll wait for the BD/DVD release and buy them.

I did subscribe to CBSAA for season 1 of DISCO, but then canceled it. DISCO season 1 is available on BD and I'll buy it when season 2 is released. Hopefully the same will be true of Picard at some point.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Same here. I'll wait for the BD/DVD release and buy them.

I did subscribe to CBSAA for season 1 of DISCO, but then canceled it. DISCO season 1 is available on BD and I'll buy it when season 2 is released. Hopefully the same will be true of Picard at some point.

Yes, much though I am looking forward to this, I'll wait also for the DVD to be released.

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It's a real shame that it's locked behind the CBS all access service in the US.

In the rest of the world, it's going to be available on (I believe) Amazon Prime Video, while in Canada it will be on the Space channel, as well as available for Crave TV subscribers (which is the service that grants us access to HBO in Canada).

The series will probably be more popular in the world than in the US. They really should consider partnerships with other services :/
Agreed. My eyes were opened as I watched Discovery on Netflix while in France. I realize this is the future, as commercialized TV recedes and subscription based content expands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.