Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I found this information on another gaming website:

If you are a subscriber and actively playing Swtor, you can log into the Swtor Website and then copy paste someone else's friend referral URL and still refer your account onto someone else's account.

Doing this grants you a free character transfer and 7 days of free time onto your account. It also gives you a preferred referral kit which contains 4 items, 3 which are useless to subs but 1 which gives you an extra line of inventory space for free which removes the cost for a first or last line for Alts.

1. Sign into SWTOR site.
2. Change your URL to a referral code I.E. " http://www.swtor.com/r/4W9VTV " (which is mine, feel free to use it if you don't have any current subscriber friends) - or just click on this link
3. Click yes to being referred to that account.

Now if you check your subscription time afterwards it will show you have an extra 7 days until your Sub renews and if you go to the Character xfer page it you can Xfer one Character from any server to any other and it doesn't have a cartel coin cost associated with it.

I clicked on one the code for the person who started that thread and logged in to my Star Wars account via the web and was given 7 days of game time extra on top of my subscription. So that definitely worked today. Feel free to use my code above if you'd like.

Just thought I'd pass along the info. The expansion comes out in less than a month and if you pre-order ($19.99) and subscribe you get a major bonus to class mission leveling experience (basically you get to do your entire class story line and it gets you to level 55 w/out doing any other quests, and the class story lines are great).

Last edited:

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
The way most gamers who have Macs do it - install Windows through Boot Camp.

Parallels sometimes and BootCamp if I'm really playing a lot. If your Mac is fast enough it will do very well in parallels. But I wouldn't recommend it on a MBA or something of that spec.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Bringing back an old one as early access for the new expansion 'Knights of the Fallen Empire' started yesterday.

You can still use my link (in the first post) for a referral http://www.swtor.com/r/4W9VTV . The expansion hits the 27th for those not on the early access list. For subscribers the expansion is free and you get a boosted level 60 character so you can start off right at the new content, not sure what they are charging for those who are free to play.

Played for a few hours last night and am enjoying the story and changes so far......

Last edited:

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
I finished the story on my main character yesterday and it was pretty good. Definitely enjoyed it. The "return to Bioware...." that they've been advertising is for real. It really felt like I was playing Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Sith Lords again.

The game has been made a bit easier. Leveling is definitely quicker and your companions (who you no longer have to gear...can use whichever you like in the role you want) are a lot more helpful when in combat. From 1-60 you can pretty much focus on your class-story/quests and not venture off if you don't want to now.

Overall I give this version of SWtOR the highest rating out of all iterations (and I've played since launch). It's smooth, I haven't encountered any issues other than one loading screen telling me I'm on the Hutt expansion still. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I finished the story on my main character yesterday and it was pretty good. Definitely enjoyed it. The "return to Bioware...." that they've been advertising is for real. It really felt like I was playing Knights of the Old Republic 1 and Sith Lords again.

The game has been made a bit easier. Leveling is definitely quicker and your companions (who you no longer have to gear...can use whichever you like in the role you want) are a lot more helpful when in combat. From 1-60 you can pretty much focus on your class-story/quests and not venture off if you don't want to now.

Overall I give this version of SWtOR the highest rating out of all iterations (and I've played since launch). It's smooth, I haven't encountered any issues other than one loading screen telling me I'm on the Hutt expansion still. Definitely enjoying it so far.

Edit: Answer to my question about F2P restrictions is answered here in detail:

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

I figured I would share that to save anybody else the trouble of looking it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovian9
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.