Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caseycicada

macrumors member
May 27, 2014
First of all, when I go to Starbucks in the morning, my phone is charged above 98%. Second, the time spent in Starbucks and the amount of charge you'd get while there would not contribute enough to make it worth while. And last, anyone that can't manage their phone battery enough to need to rely on a gimmick like this needs far more than this to make it through the day.

I think you are thinking that all people who are unlike you are somehow lesser. There are people who go to starbucks and sit for a few hours. It will be nice for them, since there are people who run their entire business on their phones. It's just nice to them there. And it's great marketing for the wireless charger company. I think it's a great idea.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
I think you are thinking that all people who are unlike you are somehow lesser. There are people who go to starbucks and sit for a few hours. It will be nice for them, since there are people who run their entire business on their phones. It's just nice to them there. And it's great marketing for the wireless charger company. I think it's a great idea.

A Mophie makes a lot more sense instead of sticking everyone with technology they don't need or want.

caseycicada

macrumors member
May 27, 2014
A Mophie makes a lot more sense instead of sticking everyone with technology they don't need or want.

They would be embedded into the tables... How is that "sticking" everyone with technology? It would not a hazard, nor would it be noticeable if you aren't interested. I saw this at an airport once, and it was very very cool. I had a five hour overlay, and instead of sitting on the floor somewhere by an outlet, I would sit at a desk, and actually look normal.

babens

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2012
The majority of the negative responses about this seem as if somebody is going to hold a gun on them and force them to go to Starbucks and use these charging stations.

There are lots of people who would probably welcome this feature. For those who don't see the point in it then great, don't use it. It's that simple. I mean, we aren't even talking about a feature that is being added to the phone itself at this point that you don't want. It's a service that one business is planning on providing.

I say the more options that are provided for public charging of devices the better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.