Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philscott35

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I just purchased a 17" iMac

System:
500 GB Hard Drive
Dual Core 2.16 G
2 GB Ram
Superdrive CD-Rom Drive

pretty much almost maxed out for the 17"

well anyways trying to play the mac version of Starcraft when playing on Battle.net I will get about 5-10 minutes into the game and then it will crash and tell me that due to a unknown error starcraft had to close. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting frustrated because I can't get through a single game without this happening. Please HELP!:confused:

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
I just purchased a 17" iMac

System:
500 GB Hard Drive
Dual Core 2.16 G
2 GB Ram
Superdrive CD-Rom Drive

pretty much almost maxed out for the 17"

well anyways trying to play the mac version of Starcraft when playing on Battle.net I will get about 5-10 minutes into the game and then it will crash and tell me that due to a unknown error starcraft had to close. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting frustrated because I can't get through a single game without this happening. Please HELP!:confused:

I'm just spitting this out of nowhere but maybe its because Starcraft is not an universal app, I know some universal apps (hell even 1.20 WC3) are very erratic and can not only run slower but crash unexpectedly as well.

Maybe you can run the PC version through Bootcamp or a VM solution (Parallels or VMWare, Starcraft does work under these two).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.