Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uhlarlaszlo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2023
How do you guys run Starfield on your Mac Pro? After starting the game, I get a system message that my GPU driver is out of date. In fact, the latest one is installed. After the first mission, the game crashes on wakeup. I don't know why this is possible. Is it the GPU driver? What are you guys experiencing?

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
How do you guys run Starfield on your Mac Pro? After starting the game, I get a system message that my GPU driver is out of date. In fact, the latest one is installed. After the first mission, the game crashes on wakeup. I don't know why this is possible. Is it the GPU driver? What are you guys experiencing?
Are you playing in OSX or win 11? it run's fine in win 11

Matty_TypeR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2016
UK
In my Mac pro 7.1 2019 i use a gigabyte 6900xt as it fits inside the 2019 mac pro. you can download OSX drivers from AMD for your gfx card. which card do you have installed?

uhlarlaszlo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2023
In my Mac pro 7.1 2019 i use a gigabyte 6900xt as it fits inside the 2019 mac pro. you can download OSX drivers from AMD for your gfx card. which card do you have installed?
I installed the driver for Apple Mac Pro for AMD Pro W6800X. I am using the latest version of this driver, downloaded from the official AMD website.

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
I'm not a gamer, but my little brother got it running on Linux. You could probably get it working on macOS if you're crafty. I've heard the game has a lot of bugs, so might want to wait a while before it gets ironed out more anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.