Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Hi!

My wife has a gold aluminum AW series 4 (40mm) but now battery is a nightmare and the processor starts to show its age.

Now I want to buy a new AW for Christmas for her, but she really love her gold Milanese loop strap.

So options are two, aluminum series 9 in starlight and stainless steel model in gold.
The problem with SS model is its weight, much heavier and less comfortable to wear than aluminum model, and of course, the price…(she is not going to use cellular connection).

What do you thing about starlight and gold milanese loop combination??

Haga

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2017
Roermond, The Netherlands
IMG_0623.jpeg
Here you are:

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 64

joscejrod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 16, 2015
Series 7 GSS 45

After seeing both combinations, I think gold tone of SS is a little bit different of Milanese loop color. What do you think about starlight with gold ML combination? Is it good when you see it life?

SusieS

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
The nice thing about the Starlight finish is that it tends to reflect the color of whatever band is next to it. So it will appear goldish next to the gold Milanese band. There are lots of youtube videos of the Starlight and gold Milanese combo, it seems to be a very popular choice. Here’s one:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.