Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
1st AW was a Ceramic S3. Mainly wore it sparingly...
When CV hit, I started wearing it more - to take calls, voice text, etc.

Fast forward, I upgraded to a Ti, and started collecting bands. Tried the Solo's. Wasn't for me.
I just prefer the sport bands.
So far, I've added Lavendar Gray, Orange Spicy, Ultraviolet, PineGreen, Cargo Khaki and Royal Pulse.
New to even looking at Apple bands, and have looked at the big thread in this Sub.

Color is subjective...but no other color sofar catches my eye to -to look to acquire-

Anyhow, just curious. Are there any must have colors for all you Apple Watch Band Collectors.

Reactions: itoshiineko

1CaesaR1

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2020
I personally have and really like blue horizon. I also have surf blue that I love, but I keep salivating for the capri blue which everyone here seems to love.

Other than the sport bands, link bracelet is my absolute favorite. I have Milanese, but don't really like it that much. I like that the metal/fluoraelastomer bands can get wet and not be a problem. This is the reason I don't like sport loops and only have three leather (sapphire blue, saddle brown buckles and cornflower loop).

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
Brump. As weird as the -holes- in the Nike Bands appeared to me, I'm really loving the CargoKhaki.

Color is subjective but are there any -must have- nike colorways I should be -ebay seeking-

Reactions: limesmoothie

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Really hard to advise since we don’t know what types of colors you prefer. I personally like darker and more muted colors and my collection reflects that. Plum and Cactus are 2 of my favorites. You might ping @athousandbands to ask what is currently in the “hall of fame”. Posting this question in the large “Every band…” thread might also get you more responses.

Reactions: GrandeLatte

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
I’ll start with the Nike sport band HoF, though most of the loops are just as good and cheaper:

blue orbit/gamma blue, chlorine blue/green glow, olive flak, celestial teal, violet dust/plum fog, hyper grape, pink blast, midnight turq/aurora, black/white, bright mango.

I would say obsidian but I think midnight/mystic is about to take its spot. I would say spruce fog but you’re kinda set with what you have. Obsidian mist if you like purple but also low key colors.

athousandbands

macrumors G3
Jun 5, 2019
Discord
Sport bands: blue horizon, marine green, blue2, surf blue, Capri blue, yellow, mellow yellow, vitamin c, papaya, cactus, plum, camellia, green, Clementine, flamingo, cloud, Hermes orange, red1, black unity, khaki, seafoam, dragonfruit, cornflower, hibiscus, mallard OR dark teal, red raspberry, flash.

Some of these aren’t top tier and more personal choices but I tried to not hit any color category too hard. UV and Lav Gray also make the cut (top tier) from your current collection.

It’s been too long, we need more frequent hall of fame talk round these parts!

fezzzer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
Sport bands: blue horizon, marine green, blue2, surf blue, Capri blue, yellow, mellow yellow, vitamin c, papaya, cactus, plum, camellia, green, Clementine, flamingo, cloud, Hermes orange, red1, black unity, khaki, seafoam, dragonfruit, cornflower, hibiscus, mallard OR dark teal, red raspberry, flash.

Some of these aren’t top tier and more personal choices but I tried to not hit any color category too hard. UV and Lav Gray also make the cut (top tier) from your current collection.

It’s been too long, we need more frequent hall of fame talk round these parts!
Hall of fame talk, agreed!

fezzzer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
I quite like the limited edition bands such as Olympic sport loops, Apple Staff activity ring limited edition bands and the like

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
?‍♂️

Starting all over again. Like my TI so much and I thought the smaller casing was really the one for me. Did not want a power ranger watch size on my hand.

Fast forward. I went 45 Ti this time around. Uggh. Now to start collecting more bands. Eh, before you know it, between the current small case band stash and now large, I might have a thousand bands myself ?

Reactions: athousandbands

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 17, 2008
It only took 9 months since the hunt started but finally got a Hyper Grape Loop .
I've seen a few on Mercari but they were all a bit too fuzzy for me. This one looks pretty pristine

Reactions: athousandbands
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.