Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Slowly but surely Catalina is starting to struggle. i have the iMac Late 2013, 16gb, 1TB, 21”. Search for Music, Movies in library is still broken, scroll bars for column view there is broken. Purchasing music does multiple downloads of the songs and stays stuck downloading, despite showing all tracks downloaded. It keeps doubling the downloads of songs-albums. iMessage loses thumbnail images on occasion or just doesn’t sync with iCloud message with other devices running latest OS. Mail will take over a min or so to open preferences. Safari bookmarks no longer synch with other devices. Hardware is good, software starting to break. Will have to retire this soon. Good thing HomeSharing still works with the new stuff.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I installed Catalina about last year (MBA 2020), just as I prefer the old UI and it’s snappier. Finally I gave up due to intermittent issues around battery draining during sleep (already done many reinstall, tried some CLI etc). Now I install Big Sur (which never had that issue since the beginning). It’s a bit slower but I prefer stable system.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Thank you, but as I'm getting older and older, my days of tweaking OS and hardware is something I stopped doing for awhile now. Way back my weekends were spent messing with this stuff constantly and web building design work. lol Just waiting for a bigger new iMac to come around so I can retire this Mac. It's been so reliable from the get go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.