Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZNDK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2017
Japan
The first time(first step) the apple mark progress bar is displayed abnormally, the apple mark itself seems to be in the normal position, but the progress bar is displayed at a much lower position. In this state, the progress bar stops at around 4/5 and does not move forward from there.
Recovery mode can be activated, but normal startup is not possible. By no means is the ssd/hdd corrupt.

The only solution to this seems to be a new OS install. An overwrite install of the OS is also not possible due to an error(com.apple.BuildInfo.preflight.error).

I seem to get this condition most often when I boot in recovery mode and leave the Mac to go to sleep. It does not always happen.
What is this happening? OpenCore anomaly? Or is it an anomaly in the OpenCore Legacy Patcher? This has been occurring on macOS 12, 13.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
You give too little information. What exact OS version with what OCLP version, what settings.

And where is the screenshot of the error situation in verbose boot (holding cmd-v while starting the OS from OC)?

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Sonoma moved the boot progress to the bottom of the screen.

The 5,1 does not reliably support Sonoma due to missing AVX2 instructions in the Xeon. I moste frequently see hands during long sleep or idle time. Monterey is the way to go for stability.

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
i have been extremely unsuccessful in booting into recovery with oclp and sonoma, since oct 2023 when i installed it. i gave up trying. Os runs well though for my needs.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
i have been extremely unsuccessful in booting into recovery with oclp and sonoma, since oct 2023 when i installed it. i gave up trying. Os runs well though for my needs.
Instead of the recovery, you can write a Sonoma Installer with createinstallmedia on a small partition.

MrScratchHook

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2022
United States
Instead of the recovery, you can write a Sonoma Installer with createinstallmedia on a small partition.
i didnt know i could do that, thanks. So i was searching yesterday and i found out hitting spacebar on boot screen will reveal recovery, and it purposely hidden by oclp to minimize whatever they feel they did it for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.