Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phani Mahankali

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2019
What car do you have? Also have you tried re-pairing the Bluetooth? Lastly maybe try resetting the network on your phone.
It’s 2013 BMW 3 Series. Yes, I did a whole software restore using Mac, then delete and add the Bluetooth device from both the Car and iPhone. Even did a firmware update in Car. Nothing worked.

tmoney516

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2019
So I found a solution to this... turn off your WIFI completely in the settings menu of your phone, not the drop down menu. I have perfect audio with no static/crackle once I do this.

mjc775

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
So I found a solution to this... turn off your WIFI completely in the settings menu of your phone, not the drop down menu. I have perfect audio with no static/crackle once I do this.

I can confirm that this worked for me. Just made about 5 calls with no static. Haven’t upgraded to iOS 13.3 yet.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
13.3 final works perfect for me :) looks like it’s resolved for me, and Wi-Fi disable made no difference. Hopefully you guys are seeing the same results

mjc775

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2019
Though iOS 13.3 fixed the Bluetooth crackle issue for me, another problem still exists which may be part of the issue that caused the Bluetooth issue in 13.2.

When using dictation / voice-to-text when connected to my vehicle's Bluetooth, dictation will stop after about one sentence or ~5-10 seconds. Visually it looks like it still hears my voice after 5-10 seconds, but no additional text appears. To get it going again I have to press the keyboard icon, then microphone icon to get another 5-10 seconds of dictation. This was not a problem before 13.2, and is not a problem when not connected to vehicle Bluetooth.

I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same?

mrwamck

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Sweden
I had the sam proble with my iPhone X and Volkswagen sportcombi. My wife and friends told me that I would drop off and sometimes just disconnect. I had this same problem years ago and talked with Apple and Volkswagen. Apple said it was Volkswagen error and Volkswagen said Apple just doesn’t use the standard Bluetooth. Had problems with my contacts not getting synced to my car and I had to use favorites instead to get those numbers on the cars display. As someone mentioned above it all of a sudden started working after an update but now same errors as before. So what I did was went out and bought a Samsung S10 Plus 1TB and I have NO problems anymore. Apple, bluetooth isn’t rocket science so why can’t you start using standard bluetooth. I have several Macbook Pros, several iPads and they work great but the iPhone quality has really dropped since Steve hasn’t been around.

Reactions: panar

e92owner

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2020
Guys I just made an account to share this info. I own a 2012 328i with CIC, I have been having these static issues since I bought the car. I just updated to 13.5 on my iPhone XS then I reset network settings and re-paired the phone to the BMW. THE STATIC IS GONE! ?

Reactions: j0nblayz

jschnee21

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2018
Though iOS 13.3 fixed the Bluetooth crackle issue for me, another problem still exists which may be part of the issue that caused the Bluetooth issue in 13.2.

When using dictation / voice-to-text when connected to my vehicle's Bluetooth, dictation will stop after about one sentence or ~5-10 seconds. Visually it looks like it still hears my voice after 5-10 seconds, but no additional text appears. To get it going again I have to press the keyboard icon, then microphone icon to get another 5-10 seconds of dictation. This was not a problem before 13.2, and is not a problem when not connected to vehicle Bluetooth.

I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same?

YUP. Me, too. iOS 13.0 through 13.4.2 has been at hot mess for me with Bluetooth and voice dictation in my car (Prius 2012) on my XSM. Haven’t tried it yet with 13.5.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
interesting, I still get random crackling, not constant but once awhile. Gonna have to try this out

och

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2019
Problem persists with my 2012 X5. Tested it with an android phone, no problem.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Still issue with the most recent iOS 14 beta. Crackle is bit less then beta 6, but still there. At least I can sorta maintain a conversation with beta 7. I also have a iPhone 11 Pro. Wondering if this is isolated to only iPhone 11 pro’s.

Simon ZN

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2020
Issue is still not solved, even with IOS 14.5 Beta 6. This is my current situation:

An old Nokia Phone or a Apple IPhone 5 with IOS 10 is working fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.