Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Has anyone seen this issue yet? I'm getting static on my Airpod Pro 2 (USB-C) only on the Vision Pro. When I switch over to my other Apple devices, it's perfectly fine so I'm thinking this is a AVP issue only. Tried disconnecting, and after 1-2 minutes it comes back again

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I don't have the AVP but in case this helps clarify the situation to others who do:

Do you also get the static if you're wearing and using the AVP and the AirPods Pro 2, but the AirPods are connected to some other device?

Reactions: barbadossla

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
I don't have the AVP but in case this helps clarify the situation to others who do:

Do you also get the static if you're wearing and using the AVP and the AirPods Pro 2, but the AirPods are connected to some other device?

You know great question… I’ll try this now. It’s connected to my iphone and other Apple products but it shouldnt be in use/connected

edit: still got static

Last edited:
Reactions: Puonti

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
So it sounds like the cause of the static is not the connection between the AVP and the Airpods Pro 2, but their proximity.

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
what’s that mean? (Since the AirPods Pro 2 are in my ear, not sure I can change proximity)

The weird part is that they work fine after i restart for awhile (30-60 min), then suddenly goes to **** without me changing positions. Might need to disconnect it again and if that doesn’t work I’ll just contact apple

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know what it means, it was just an observation - in your original post you mentioned you only get static when your AirPods are connected to the AVP. However you later confirmed that you also get static while the AirPods are connected to another device, if you're also wearing the AVP.

So it sounds like there's something about the proximity of the AVP to your particular AirPods that causes the issue. Taking it up with Apple sounds like the way to go.

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
I don't know what it means, it was just an observation - in your original post you mentioned you only get static when your AirPods are connected to the AVP. However you later confirmed that you also get static while the AirPods are connected to another device, if you're also wearing the AVP.

So it sounds like there's something about the proximity of the AVP to your particular AirPods that causes the issue. Taking it up with Apple sounds like the way to go.

Ah sorry, what I meant was the AirPod is connected through my iCloud account to my various Apple devices, but it’s only in use when I use my AVP and I know it’s connected (in use) with only my AVP. Apologies for the confusion!

Reactions: Puonti

panopticism

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2024
Did you ever get a fix for the issue? I'm having the same problem. I disconnect and reconnect and it briefly goes away. It consistently takes about 4 minutes and then the static/crackling begins.

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
Did you ever get a fix for the issue? I'm having the same problem. I disconnect and reconnect and it briefly goes away. It consistently takes about 4 minutes and then the static/crackling begins.

Unfortunately no. I reached out to Apple Support and they told me to reset network settings because they thought it might be interfering, but it did not work for me. I need to reach back out to them to let them know that but haven't had time to do so

tskwara

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
The betas have been stable so far for me. Keep in mind that reverting back to a previous retail build requires a developer strap ( aka USB-C interface). Opting out of beta will eventually get you the next retail release when it's available.

Last edited:

timshundo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
San Francisco, CA
This just happened to me too. Newest version of AirPods. I describe it less as static and more of everything suddenly sounded like an old eight bit video game and then the effect faded away over the course of 20 seconds. Very very weird.

Reactions: fatTribble

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Happens maybe once or twice every evening. Take off my AirPods Pro 2 and put them in their case. That resets them. Immediately put them back on and it is cleared.

ssulja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2024
On the 1.1 build and this still happens to me. Same experience as HDFan though, take off AirPods Pro 2 and return to case seems to fix it

schristo

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2010
I have had this happen in the past... turn bluetooth off and on in AVP fixed it quickly each time for me.

Reactions: HDFan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.