Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpiszcz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Hello,

Has anyone noticed if you are on ATT-WiFi calling and the person you are calling is also using an iPhone on ATT-WiFi calling there are pops/static during the conversation? I am using an iPhone 8 Plus (latest iOS as of this writing this post).

GOOD:
WiFi calling -> Anyone (landline, cell phone, as long as the recipient is not on AT&T WiFi calling))

BAD:
WiFi calling -> Anyone else who is on AT&T WiFi calling as well (a few people that I speak to regularly use WiFi calling)- I hear the crackling in between our conversation, the recipient does not. If I turn off WiFi calling on my end (ATT will transfer it back to LTE(VoLTE), the problem goes away. I have tried different WiFi routers/etc and the issue still exists.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Related thread here:
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1890201-Static-on-Wifi-Calling

Thanks,

Justin.

Adam.Kb2Jpd

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2018
You might be in a null in your wifi zone. Rotate your access point and see if it makes a difference. You might want to elevate the access point up to ear level. A lot of them are installed at desktop level.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You might be in a null in your wifi zone. Rotate your access point and see if it makes a difference. You might want to elevate the access point up to ear level. A lot of them are installed at desktop level.
???

That makes no sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.