Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iT.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2014
Hi one and all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma I have an iPad Mini Retina Cellular and here is my quandary, I'm currently on iOS 7.1.2 and whilst iOS 8.1 is still being signed should I update or stay where I am, I no longer JB any of my iDevices however just want the option there should I wish to, opinions, advice and info greatly received.

@it

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I would go ahead and get the latest update which is 8.1.1. It fixes a lot of niggling issues and is more stable overall. Give it a shot, I think you'll be OK.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Hi one and all,

I'm in a bit of a dilemma I have an iPad Mini Retina Cellular and here is my quandary, I'm currently on iOS 7.1.2 and whilst iOS 8.1 is still being signed should I update or stay where I am, I no longer JB any of my iDevices however just want the option there should I wish to, opinions, advice and info greatly received.

@it

If you're not going to jailbreak get 8.1.1, it has bug fixes and performance improvements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.