Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
So before anyone gets their panties in a wad over me asking this question. I’m fully aware no one knows anything about when or what for uncoiling jailbreak releases. I’m not asking about that at all. I just want opinions on what you would do in my case.

I’ve been holding my iPad Pro out on 11.4 for awhile in hopes of a jailbreak. As we all know that hasn’t happened yet. Now I’m just itching to pull the trigger to update to iOS 12 and just wait there. Anyone have any opinions on this? Just curious what others would do in my case. Thanks guys!

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
So before anyone gets their panties in a wad over me asking this question. I’m fully aware no one knows anything about when or what for uncoiling jailbreak releases. I’m not asking about that at all. I just want opinions on what you would do in my case.

I’ve been holding my iPad Pro out on 11.4 for awhile in hopes of a jailbreak. As we all know that hasn’t happened yet. Now I’m just itching to pull the trigger to update to iOS 12 and just wait there. Anyone have any opinions on this? Just curious what others would do in my case. Thanks guys!

I am sure I read before that when the previous iOS latest ish version isn’t JB and the new iOS comes out, the JB teams are more likely to bring out a latest version iOS JB but hopefully ps wine else will confirm or deny that as I am not 100%

PJ

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I'm in the same boat as you on this one - albeit I'm JB'd on iOS 10 and really don't want to lose it for iOS 12. So now just waiting for some good news, which no doubt is a fair way away.

I agree with PJ that chances are the next JB will be for iOS 12 and less likely for iOS 11.

I've started a Jailbreak News thread already, which I've linked below, so rather than have several JB threads, maybe worth following that one for news. I'm also just about to go and check Reddit to see if there's anything on there.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-12-jailbreak-news.2135125/

Reactions: Jstuts5797

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I am jb on 11.3.1 and extremely pleased with the Electra jb. I will wait for more encouraging news about an iOS 12 jb before giving that up. If I were sitting and waiting for any jb like the OP, I would be sitting and waiting on 12 rather than 11 for sure, because they say that iOS 12 is amazing for one, and for the added security. I'd wait on 12 and stay on the lowest version were I not enjoying Electra so much at the present time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.