Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Have you heard about it, what have you heard? This popped up as an ad on Youtube. The class action suit has to do with anti-trust activities by Valve/Steam. The claim is individuals who participate in this lawsuit could (or not) receive $100s-1000s. I'm not sure what to think would like to hear what you think.
In the back of my mind, I'll participate and Steam will lock my account. :oops:
Thoughts?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It looks like a fishing expedition by the law firm and if you go by history, then you may get a 10 dollar credit. Only the lawyers make out

Reactions: Huntn

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
I "tested" this out by using an email address I only use as a spam catch-all, and I started getting multiple emails a day from them for not finishing the process. Wound up blocking them entirely, because there was no working opt-out mechanism from their emails.

• Sad

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
Have you heard about it, what have you heard? This popped up as an ad on Youtube. The class action suit has to do with anti-trust activities by Valve/Steam. The claim is individuals who participate in this lawsuit could (or not) receive $100s-1000s. I'm not sure what to think would like to hear what you think.
In the back of my mind, I'll participate and Steam will lock my account. :oops:
Thoughts?

That's fake buddy. There's no lawsuit. If there was, IGN, PCGamer, Gamespot, and all the other major publications would've picked up on it.

I pray you did not give any information

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
I "tested" this out by using an email address I only use as a spam catch-all, and I started getting multiple emails a day from them for not finishing the process. Wound up blocking them entirely, because there was no working opt-out mechanism from their emails.
I've been seeing those and glad I had someone else to test this out 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.