Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone is interested in what's on sale, but I am tempted for Red Dead Redemption - 20 bucks is hard to pass up.
I may pick up outer worlds, and its DLC. I've since stopped my xbox subscription so I cannot play that game any longer.

1669201468516.png

1669201587596.png

Reactions: Irishman and Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Have you played RDR2 before? Online, it can be fun in a group traveling in posses bounty hunting, making liquor runs and more, but the online camp routine (set up a camp, hunt animals for their pelts, sell pelts, buy stuff) gets old kind of fast for me anyway. The solo story is decent but I stalled out on it some time ago, and I may revisit it.

How about Outer Worlds? I did not make it very far in that game either hoping for another Fallout 4, , but I might revisit that too.

Last edited:

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Red Dead was a lot of fun to me. The middle can get a bit too long-feeling and same but it's overall extremely good and the story only got better and better near the end. I picked. up Draugen, Firewatch and the Gothic collection so far. Might pick up more

Reactions: Huntn

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Have you played RDR2 before?
Nope, though I've been tempted to get it a number of times.

How about Outer Worlds? I did not make it very far in that game either hoping for another Fallout 4
Outer Worlds is an interesting game. I think the storyline is fantastic, the visuals are amazing. The game play is decent but overall its a short-ish game. I'd say the re-playability of this is rather low, where as fallout 4 has an amazing depth that you can find something new even after playing it for years.

I played through the game back when I had a PS4. I restarted it on my Xbox, back when I had the subscription, which doesn't include the DLC. I'll have to buy the DLC is I want to keep with it - I'm not sure if I want too, but since the game is 20 bucks, its really no brainer.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I will likely buy Alyx $24. My Occulus Rift has been gathering dust, and I’ll probably have to go through the entire setup rigamorol for it again. Right now visiting relatives out of state, when I get home, I’ll hook it up, the multitude of USB cords ;), see what state it is in before I purchase the game. I’ve got time, the sale is though the 29th.

All of my VR experience has been on the OR, with games from the OR Store. This will be the first Steam VR game I’ll be trying with the OR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irishman

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I bought Civilization 6 Anthology. I was only missing the New Frontier Pass, and they just announced a new Leaders pass that is free for the Anthology owners, so I got it for 11$.

Reactions: Huntn

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
I see a lot of games I already own in that picture... that I haven't even installed yet. :(

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I just picked up Outer Worlds - I'll see how it plays, vs. when I played it on my PS4.

Reactions: Irishman

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
I'm not sure if anyone is interested in what's on sale, but I am tempted for Red Dead Redemption - 20 bucks is hard to pass up.
I may pick up outer worlds, and its DLC. I've since stopped my xbox subscription so I cannot play that game any longer.

View attachment 2117517

View attachment 2117519

All 13 of my Wish List games are on sale now, including Prodeus! Which, as far as I know, has never been on sale before!

Reactions: maflynn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.